Severe storms can cause flooding, landslides, and loss of power. Be sure to have a plan in place if your in an area with flood danger.
- If possible get to high ground, or the highest point you can safely get to.
- Do not try and drive if the roads are flooded. Your car can stall, and you’ll be trapped.
- Stay clear of any water that is near downed power line. Water is a great conductor of electricity
- Do not allow you children or pets to play around storm drains, this poses a serious risk of drowning, or them getting swept away.
- If you are asked to leave your property, do so immediately. Staying only increases your chances of danger.
- Do not walk through moving water 6 inches or higher. If you are unsure of your footing, use a stick to poke the ground ahead of you.