As sad of a truth it is there are terrorist out there that want to cause major damage and harm. Having a backup plan in case of a terrorist attack can help keep you and your family safe and secure.
Terrorist try to inflict as much damage as possible, that can have devastating effects using weapons of mass destruction. These weapons can range from, biological or chemical agents, general explosives, radiological “dirty bombs”, and nuclear devices. A terrorist main goal is to take life and cause wide spread panic. Stay calm and help protect yourself from such threats.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Note emergency exits, evacuation routes, and community shelters.
- Stay vigilant and report and suspicious, objects, people or vehicles to the proper authorities.
In the event of a terrorist attack
- STAY CALM – This is the number one thing you can do to ensure your safety.
- Watch for secondary hazards or follow up attacks
- Follow the instructions of emergency service personnel.
- Don’t create a panic. Avoid spreading rumors and hearsay.